Ali's Nursing Notes
This page will feature photos and notes from Alison (an R.N.) on her work as Medical Advisor for the ABU campus. Her work includes a wide range of routine tasks along with occasional emergencies, since she is the local "first responder" for medical needs. Some of her work involves:
- Holding regular dispensary hours, giving advice, health and hygiene training, and simple medications to students and staff.
- Stocking the dispensary from both Kampala and U.S. sources.
- Public health nursing to help prevent the spread of malaria and other diseases on campus.
- Planning and negotiating surgeries and other care for serious student/staff health problems.
- Providing follow-up care (post-medical and post-surgical)
- Responding to occasional mild to severe medical emergencies 24/7/7.